Goshen Useful Items
At Goshen scouts will be bunking in pairs in provided tents on platforms.
It is recommend that you bring only what you can carry. Two strategies:
- What you can carry in one camping backpack
- Big plastic box that fits under your cot
Backpacks are preferable to duffles as they are easier to carry.
It is best if the scouts pack their bag so they know what they have and where it is.
- Water container that scouts and adults will carry everywhere. At least 1 liter. Hydrate to stay great.
- A flashlight (red is easier on the eyes)
- Bug spray with deet in a pump bottle. Aerosol destroys tent waterproofing
The following are items that some folks bring
- Self standing bug net (not required as bug spray will do, but many like it)
- Self inflating sleeping pad to put on cot
- Summer sleeping bag (packs small)
- camp pillow
- Camp Chair (light weight and compact hiking chairs are great)
- Pocket Knife (if you have whittling chip)
- Flint and steel (with parent and leader permission)
- Light day bag (swim bag or hydration pack)
- hanging lantern: small and cheap for the tent
- Para cord - always good for everything
- Telescoping Marshmallow fork
- Two cheap towels that will get messy enough to throw away
- Extra Socks
- 2 Swimsuits
- Swim Shirts (under life-vest)
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Shorts/pants for hiking and being in
- Sleeping clothes
- Fishing gear optional. Usually can borrow rods from Nature
- Get up early or use free time to fish, but there are so many activities you may not have a lot of time